Silvia Mondini provides consulting services in the field of intellectual property, especially around all issues related to the New Media. She deals with contracts about the production and acquisition of contents, issues relating to the management of websites and platforms including data protection, as well as relationships with the collecting societies. Also, she deals with copyright law in general, with reference to music and audio-visual sectors, design, and trademarks.
Within her area of expertise, she provides assistance in operations of M&A or corporate restructuring with a particular focus on companies in the field of new technologies, music publishing, entertainment and fashion. Moreover, she has significant expertise in all sectors of business and commercial law and she assists clients in start-up phase, in negotiations and contract making (licenses, distribution, franchising, and agency).
She graduated from the University Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in 1995. After graduation, she attended a course at the Academy of American and International Law in Dallas held by the Southwestern Legal Foundation and The Hague Academy of Private International Law in The Hague, The Netherlands. She had the opportunity to do an internship at Warner Bros. Inc. Legal Affairs Head Office at Burbank where she acquired a deep know-how on US law and the entertainment industry.
She has been a member of the Italian Bar Association since 1998.
She is author of many publications.
- BIG DATA: PRIVACY, GESTIONE, TUTELE,
- Big Data: Privacy, gestione, tutele, collana MeTODO di Altalex, ed. Wolters Kluwer.
- International Intellectual Property Law: Commentaries and Legislation – Italy, a cura del Center for International Legal Studies di Salisburgo (Austria)
- Commentario alla Legge sul Diritto d’Autore italiana (co-aut.), Oceana Publications, 2001;
- Marchio e nome di dominio, in Il Diritto Industriale, IPSOA, 2001, fasc. 2, pag. 169 e seguenti.
- Privacy & data protection.
She is fluent in English.