Giorgio Rusconi has acquired significant experience in food law, both at national and international level. He provides out-of-court assistance to Italian and foreign clients in all areas of business interest, from production to marketing. He deals with every aspect of contractual matters, also taking an interest in research and innovation aspects, managing any food crisis profiles in the relationship with consumers.
In court, he handles all areas of civil litigation defence, and in particular disputes between operators in the food chain, issues relating to the civil liability of the OSA, administrative litigation and criminal proceedings for food related crimes.
In 1996, he obtained a High Diploma in Comparative Law at the International Faculty of Comparative Law of Strasbourg (France) and in 1997 he graduated from University of Milan.
He has been member of the Italian Bar Association since 2000 and he was admitted to practice before the Italian Supreme Court in 2014.
He is a Professor of International Food Law at the University of Parma. He took part as an invited visiting expert in the Food, Drugs, Cosmetics and Medical Devices Law Course at Harvard Law School.
He is one of the founders of the FLN – Food Lawyers’ Network Worldwide – a worldwide network specialised in the assistance of multinationals operating in the food industry.
He is Founder and Scientific Director of Just Legal Services – Scuola di Formazione Legale s.r.l.
He is the author of many articles.
- Etichettatura d’origine dei prodotti alimentari, EEFL – European Food & Feed Law Review, 2021
- How we make things at home, FLN Network, 2020
- Diritto alimentare e crisi sanitarie, IPSOA Walters Kluwer, 2020
- La riforma dei reati alimentari, Alimenta, 2019
- Mycotoxins, Affidia, 2019
- Insects for dinner – the next staple food?, EFFL – European Food & Feed Law Review, 2018
- Guida di Diritto Alimentare, Collana Itinera, IPSOA Wolters Kluwer Group, 2017
- Food Law International, in Food Safety And Policy in the European Union, Springer, 2015
- Allergeni e sostanze che provocano intolleranze – E-book Cibaria, 2015
- Eu-food information regulation 1169/2011 implementing measures by member states, FLN Network, 2015;
- Green Claims on Food, Boin G., Conte-Salinas N., Grube M., Rusconi G. (Eds.), Krell Weyland Grube, 2014
- Advertising Food, Aude Mahy Eds., Lexxion, 2014
- The European legal framework of functional food: the differences in the procedures of authorization in EU countries, XV International Functional Food Conference, Regensburg, 2014
- Health & Nutrition Claims – 10 years of experience in the Italian market, in European Food and Feed Law Review, 2012
- Functional Food. A synopsis of the legal framework in the European Union and selected other countries, Boin G., Conte-Salinas N., Grube M., Rusconi G. (Eds.), Krell Weyland Grube, 2011
Since 2016, he is ranked on The Legal 500’s elite “Leading Lawyers” list in the Food category. In addition, in 2021, The Legal500 named him “Leading individual” for the sixth year in a row.
He is fluent in English and French.